So I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Lu over at Girl Who Reads. Thank you for the nomination! Lu has an awesome blog and I definitely recommend checking it out if you have not already done so. Sorry it took me so long to get around to this post!
1. Acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate some blogs who you think deserve it.
5. Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
6. Give your eleven questions to the nominees.
So here are 11 random facts about me. Hopefully they’re interesting … I struggled to think of things!
- I live in South Australia.
- I’m studying a Bachelor of Arts with a double major in Creative Writing and English.
- I want to get into academics (I just love studying for some bizarre reason).
- I used to work at a doggie daycare, and also as a dog trainer.
- I have Crohn’s disease.
- I play the piano and sing.
- Bioware is my favourite gaming company.
- I am a Dungeon Master for a Dungeons and Dragons game I play with friends (I’m not kidding).
- I cannot pronounce the word “peculiarly.” Seriously, I just can’t do it.
- My favourite colour is blue.
- My pet parrot frequently tells me I’m an a*shole (again, not kidding).
Well hopefully you enjoyed that little snapshot into everything me 🙂 Here are the questions I was asked:
1. One of your favourite reads in November?
I’ve had a really good month and have read so many good books! This was hard to settle on just one, so I’ve gone with one book and one graphic novel. The book I chose is Alice by Christina Henry, which is a horror re-telling of Alice in Wonderland. The graphic novel I chose is Mouse Guard which is a collaboration of authors and artists, and is about a bunch of mice exchanging exciting stories.
2. How many books do you plan to read in December?
I don’t like to set myself TBRs because then I read to meet a goal, not for enjoyment, and that’s how I fall into dreaded reading slumps! But I bought 4 awesome graphic novels that are awaiting my perusal, you can check them out in my haul post here, so I will definitely be reading those. I also (finally) got my copy of Elijah’s Mermaid by Essie Fox delivered, so that will probably be read next month as well. So that’s at least one novel and 4 graphics! And, by the way, how gorgeous is the cover!
3. Have you started buying Christmas presents? (or do you not celebrate it?)
I have all but one person accounted for 🙂
4. What is your most read genre this year?
5. An author that you’re currently loving/ recently discovered?
Daphne du Maurier, author of Rebecca. I just adored this book, and will be going on about it for a while. Once I’ve worked my way through a few more unread books I already own, I’ll be picking up a few more of her books. If anyone has read any of her other works and has suggestions, that would be awesome!
6. What’s the strangest thing that you’ve used as a book mark?
My cat’s tail (with a light paperback don’t worry!) … it was not effective.
7. ONE book you’re just dying to read?
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I have it sitting on my shelf and will hopefully get around to it soon. I heard there’s a tv show adaptation coming soon and I’m one of those people who have to read the book first! So many books to read … so little time.
8. Where do you like to write your blogs?
If the weather is nice, I like to write my blog outside. Otherwise I’ll write it in my bed or on my desk. Not very exciting.
9. Are you a write-in-advance, or on the day kind of blogger?
Advance by far! Then I have time to edit or add anything extra I think of.
10. What T.V show are you currently watching? (If you’re watching multiple, what’s your favourite?
- Rick and Morty Season 2
- How I Met your Mother Season 4 (my fave)
- Gilmore Girls Season 1 (I’ve never watched it before!)
- Archer Season 1
11. I’ve got to ask this, are you planning on reading Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them??!!
The little original book or the screenplay? I might read the little companion book one day, but it’s not high on my list. As to the screenplay? Absolutely not. It’s a screenplay, I feel it’s meant to be viewed on the screen and not read. I don’t enjoy reading screenplays and/or plays for this reason. I only read them (and there are many I love) if I’m desperate to know the story and no where is showing it in the near future. It’s like reading Shakespeare, it’s not nearly as enjoyable for me as watching a play (unless it’s Macbeth or Much Ado About Nothing because they’re awesome).
So those are my answers, hope you liked them 🙂 Here are the people I’m nominating, and here are the questions:
- Kayla at Kdrewkthebookworm
- Briana and Krysta at Pages Unbound Book Reviews
- Cassidy at The Little Book Cottage
- Book Adventures
- Laura at Reading Sanctuary
- A book you hate that most people seem to like
- A book you like that most people seem to hate
- Your most anticipated book you plan to read next month
- What’s on your X-mas book wish list?
- What is the book you’ve re-read the most?
- Is there a genre of books you love to read, but can’t stand watching on screen?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Can you remember the first book you ever read cover to cover?
- Do you tend to read in the morning or afternoon or evening?
- If you could only ever read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- Upload a picture of a book you own that is gorgeous inside and out!