Hello bookworms, I’m very excited to let you all know that I have been tagged with the Sunshine Blogger award yay! So a big thank you to Kayla at Kdrewkthebookworm, her blog is awesome and I highly recommend checking it out if you haven’t already done so.
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
Answer the eleven questions that were given to you.
Nominate new blogs to receive the award and give them eleven new questions.
Display the logo on your blog.
Without further ado, here are the questions I was asked …
1. If your region is currently in spring, what are you doing this summer? Or if not, what did you do this past summer?
I plan to sit outside in the sun and write/read … before it gets to hot to do so. South Australia is ridiculous. During the day it’s stupid hot, (think days of 45 degrees Celsius, or 113 degrees Fahrenheit), and the flies form armies and insist on sitting on you. The evenings are lovely … apart from the heap of mosquitos, or “mozzies” as we call them here.
2. How many physical books do you own?
I started counting, I got to 100 and then lost count. That was one bookshelf, and I have two and a mini bookshelf … so I’m gonna guess 200+
3. Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
It’s pretty rare for me to not finish a book as I’m pretty good at knowing what I like and choose books accordingly. Plus even if I don’t like a book, I still find I learn a lot from it, even if it’s simply what writing and structure techniques I don’t like and wish to avoid using. But to be honest it mostly happens if I’m just not in the mood for that particular genre, in which case I’ll usually come back to it at a later date.
4. What was the last movie you saw in theatres? Did you enjoy it?
I honestly cannot remember the last movie I went to see. I usually go heaps but have been saving money this year and haven’t made it to many. I think the last one may have been Civil War? Maybe? I’m sure I’ve seen one since … obviously didn’t have much effect on me haha.
5. What are your favourite and least favourite things about blogging?
Favourite: I get to talk about books to people who also like to talk about books.
Least Favourite: Sometimes I can’t be bothered blogging, then I feel bad.
6. Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
I am currently reading two books:
The Story of King Arthur and His Knights by Howard Pile: “But it was a great pity for Sir Kay that, with the fierceness of the blow, his sword-blade snapped short at the haft, flying so high in the air that it appeared to overtop the turrets of the cathedral in its flight.”
Red Queen by Christina Henry: “Her mind wanted to slide away from the reality of the goblin, to deny that her eyes had seen what they had seen, to pretend her nose had not smelled what it had smelled, to forget the almost-touch of long fingers reaching for her neck.”
7. What device do you use to write your blog posts (computer, phone, etc.)?
I use my laptop.
8. Tell me a little known fact about you that no other bloggers know.
I have written a book! It’s 403 pages and is currently sitting on my shelf until the day I pluck up the courage to look for a literary agent.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world right this instant, where would you go, and why?
New Zealand because I am a fangirl of Lord of the Rings. I also went to the north island years ago and loved it.
10. What song is stuck in your head right now? (if any)
I don’t have one in my head for once!
11. Give a shoutout to 5 awesome bloggers, and spread the love like confetti!😊
Alright, so I’m also going to tag these bloggers for the Sunshine Award 🙂
1. Kayla (my nominator) @ Kdrewkthebookworm
2. My Book File
3. Stories and Spoons (a fellow Spoonie yay!)
4. Maria at Big City Bookworm
5. Nikki at The Night is Dark and Full of Books
6. Ashleigh at A Frolic Through Fiction
7. Bex at BexnBookx
9. Amy at InkySpells
10. Beth at Reading Every Night
Alright, so here are the questions I’m asking, hope you like them!:
- Tell us about a book or series you loved as a child and still love today.
- Tell us about the last book you gave 5 stars to.
- What was the last book you DNF and why?
- What is your favourite classic?
- Is there a genre you don’t read or enjoy? Why not?
- Do you set monthly TBRs? Why/Why Not?
- Open to page 23 of the book you are currently reading. Share the first sentence.
- Do you have a guilty pleasure read?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- Is there a book to screen adaptation you liked? Why did you like it? (Don’t pick Harry Potter pretty please!)
- Post a picture of a beautiful book cover.