Wow, so thank you to Kat for nominating me for the Leibster award 🙂 I am very grateful!
As part of the award, I will answer the questions that Kat has laid out for me. Sorry it took me so long! I’ve been so swamped with my studies!
What or who inspires you?
My writing is inspired by the simple things in life. Getting out and about can really give my mind a refresher if I’m stuck or have writer’s block. A change in scenery can make all the difference for me. There’s something about writing outside in nature that just sends my creativity spiraling!
Why do you blog?
I enjoy it! It’s a great way for me to get my thoughts in order and share ideas with the blogging community. I love reading other people’s thoughts, and hope they enjoy mine.
If you could spend a day with someone (real, fictional, alive or dead) who would it be and why?
I’m sorry, I have to be cliche here. I would spend it with my boyfriend because there is no one else I feel more comfortable with.
If you could ask 3 fictional characters a question, who would it be and what would you ask each?
Hm… this one is really tricky.
1. The Mad Hatter, “Why is a raven like a writing desk? I really want to know.”
2. Alice from Alice in Wonderland. I would ask, “could you take me with you next time please?”
3. Albus Dumbledore, “where is my letter?”
What is your favorite post that you have written (or 2 or 3)?
- My post, “Writing a good fight scene” where I’ve collated all of the things I look for when reading an action scene, and how I hope to incorporate them into my own work.
- My post, “Twitter Fiction” where I have a look at the concept of creating a story in 140 characters or less, and have a go at it myself.
- My post “Cheap Tricks” where I discuss things like unrealistic plot twists, out-of-character decisions, and other techniques used purely for the ‘shock factor’.
What is your dream?
To get published of course!
If you could have 3 wishes granted right now, what would they be?
1. To get published
2. To not have Crohn’s disease
3. For coffee to be a super healthy super food
You have a choice of only 3 things you can keep for the rest of your life; what are they?
1. My piano
2. Pen and paper that doesn’t run out (to write with!)
3. My kindle so I have lots to read
What is something you’ve always wanted to try?
I want to try to visit every continent in the world. So far I just have South America, Africa, and Antarctica to go!
If you could be anywhere right now (real or fictional), where would it be?
In a hidden forest glade, with warm weather, soft comfy grass and my laptop with endless battery. Perfect place to work on my book!
So that’s all from me 🙂 I hope you all enjoyed a little insight into my life.